Friday, October 9, 2009

Sweet Memories


As November approaches I can’t help but sit in amazement of how fast this last year of my life has gone and how much it has changed. There is no greater appreciation for life as your baby in your arms. I remember November 18, 2008 like it was yesterday. The day is still so clear in my head that I almost don’t even recognize this little dinosaur that I have now. Children are special, but Parker has something that makes him so extraordinary – a part of Preston. Parker truly is a gift from God because he was given to us after Preston’s near-death experience. Parker showed up only 2 weeks after Preston’s truck accident which left his truck in shambles and his soul shaken. Instead of God taking my husband he gave me another life to value more than mine. The pregnancy went so smooth except for the exhausting 24/7 ‘morning’ sickness. Parker arrived 6 days early to my surprise since I was convinced he would be the butterball on Thanksgiving. He has grown up so quick in a matter of (almost) 11 months. He is an active, hungry, rough and tumble little boy who astounds me each and every day. If we kept growing at the rate of an infant’s first year we would be 23 feet tall!

No comments:

Post a Comment